Saturday, April 28, 2007

Black Tulip of Celebration

Finally, my last ACU tie has been cut--I am, officially, no longer editor of the Shinnery Review. Now let's be honest, even though we were "co-editors," Kalyn was the only real editor of the Shinnery Review, and I was the person she assigned things to when she absolutely didn't have time to do them because she knew I absolutely didn't have time to do them and wouldn't do them unless she absolutely didn't have time to do them. Which is not exactly a strong point of my character. ::thoughtful pause:: But in my defense, I am no longer a student at ACU and didn't plan on graduating a semester early when I decided to help Kalyn co-edit the magazine.

So, my harried 4:00 trips to the Ad Building every Wednesday are officially over. My hurried attempts at being an entire art/advertising department??? Finis! Au revoir to late night meetings, phone calls, and interviews with Kalyn answering questions about things I know nothing about. And so long to Abilene Christian University...as soon as they send me my blasted diploma.

Here are pictures from the Black Tulip, an annual poetry reading-- and our final event as editors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see Bettye and Jill in you in your group picture. Funny how I never thought you looked like either of them. Don't forget my copy of The Shinnery Review.

Anonymous said...

I find it hilarious that "special collections" is hovering ghostily above our heads (Bj's and mine) in that picture. Yes...yes we're special. *grin*