Sunday, April 01, 2007

The dog ate my homework (and other bad excuses for not posting)

The past two months have been a strange time for me. Last semester was a blur between getting graduated and getting married and finishing my internship. This semester has just been busy. I started my job as a substitute teacher--which I absolutely love. I've been shooting stuff for Belle's Photography, which has been a blast, and doing a little babysitting while they finish up the studio (also fun!). AND Eric and I acquired the light of my life, Indiana Jones Lemmons...our dog.

Eric and I have been attending the church where my former (very texan) roommate, Kalyn's Yankee husband preaches. It's a very small country congregation and we just love it (and BJ's 10 minute sermons)! In February, one of the members found 12 Old English Sheepdog/German Shepherd mix puppies under his house. These are big puppies. Kalyn took me out "just to look." And I absolutely fell in love with Indy. So, my friends (who are wonderful!) went out and got him and food and toys and a bowl and puppy treats and a leash and his first set of shots and gave him to me for my birthday in March.

And that's when I began to have absolutely no free time.

Here are pictures of Indy the weekend we got him.




Getting Indy meant we needed to move to a place that could accommodate a big dog. So we spent the next three weeks house hunting, painting, and moving all our stuff. It may only get three lines in the blog, but I assure you it's a much bigger deal.

Throw in a week in some little kids, bunny rabbits, and a trip to Louisiana for Spring Break-- where I shot an Engagement session I still haven't finished editing--and you've got the makings for a very busy month.

Then, Belle's Photography has started doing portraiture workshops. Two weeks ago, we were in Dallas and this weekend we were in San Antonio. We hire a model (our model in Dallas was Kristen and in San Antonio we had a Russian model named Lyuba), provide the dress, and show 6 to 12 aspiring photographers (or those who are experienced and want a fresh take on the process) what we do in a typical bridal session. So far the classes have turned out really great.

Here's what I got in between helping Mike and Holly at the Dallas workshop:







Here's what I got in between helping Mike and Holly at the San Antonio workshop:









Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Awwww...I remember when Indy was that little. He's grown so much! I like the last picture of the San Antonio model. She looks so sweet! The Dallas model gave me a great idea for my wedding, though. I am going to get a star fake tattoo on my arm. That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

You have to post some of these images on the forums. I like the shoes!

But #5 is VERY cool. Yea!

:o)
Holly

Anonymous said...

Yay for puppy pictures! And wedding pictures! Where did you shoot the San Antonio pics?