Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Pictures to send Mom...

For Mother's Day, my sister-in-law Marnie had the idea that we should give my mother-in-law pictures of her kids as a gift (since some certain boys, excluding their weddings, hadn't had pictures made since they graduated from high school. Tisk, tisk!). We already had pictures of Marnie and Chris (and I might have forced Eric to go take pictures against his will), but since Kayla goes to school at Pepperdine University in California (where the "cafeteria" overlooks the PACIFIC OCEAN!!!!) taking pictures of her was a little more challenging. Getting her pictures back in time for M-day proved impossible--we ended up taking them the day before. But after giving the other three framed prints to Jan, we showed her Kayla's delinquent image on my computer screen and I think she liked it.

So now that I'm catching up on my photo-editing, here are the rest of Kayla's pictures. We chose number 3 for Jan, the rest are lagniappe. My favorite is number 2. Let me know what you think!







Believe it or not, these two lovely ladies are twins. Who would have thunk it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In number three Kayla actually looks like Marnie. In number one she looks like Jan. I love the one of the two girls together. And just where are my mother's day pictures of you and Eric????????????????????????????

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you used "lagniappe" in a sentence! That's not even an SAT word - I don't know what that is... No wonder the models have been awed by your intellect. :o)

Emerald Lemmons said...

Lagniappe is a French word, used quite frequently where I'm from (down on da bayou) and means "a little bit extra." It's not an SAT word and you don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to use it...just an average ole cajun.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. I really like the ones of the girls together. And thanks for explaining the word thing. Us Arizonans don't speak Cajunese.

poet_imp said...

Not sure how I got so blessed to be given two girls that are so beautiful. And then, to be blessed with one who an capture their beauty so skillfully. Thank you Em!