Sunday, June 24, 2007

Monks (the non-monastic, non-OCD kind)

Monks is a coffee shop in downtown Abilene. There slogan is, "Keep Abilene boring." I like it. I also like that the periodically display local artists' work as their wall decorations. Good coffee and good art totally go hand in hand. This month, along with several others, my friend Kalyn's work is displayed. She has a wide variety of pieces ranging from modern art to roosters. You should totally go check it out! Monks is located at 233 Cypress Street.

Here are some pictures from her "gallery opening":







Considering how many times Kalyn has appeared on my blog--and the THINGS she writes on HER blog--this may be a shock, but she's actually very shy. Hence the pillow hiding whilst I try to take her picture by her artwork. ::sigh::

No comments: