Friday, July 21, 2006

Playing Ketchup (or Catch Up, whichever you like)

So, I'm still in Oxford and Comm Law has been royally kicking my butt! However, this weekend is a travel weekend (and since I'm getting married in October and have absolutely no money, I'm taking it easy in Oxford, enjoying the empty house and the quiet) so I have time to catch up on my blogging and picture editing.

This post is an engagement session I double shot with Mike and Holly right before I left for England. The couple both have Airforce backgrounds--believe it or not, she's a jet engine mechanic studying to be a paralegal--and the baby, Chandler, is the absolute cutest baby I have ever met. He was quiet, agreable, responsive and he doesn't like grass, which made him have the cutest unhappy expressions I've ever seen. Really. If I were going to have a munchkin, I'd want it to act like this one.

I discovered three things during this shoot:
  1. I love red and green together, the color combination really makes me happy!
  2. Shooting in RAW is AWESOME! It really gave me control of the colors and let me bring out my reds and greens.
  3. If I'm going to continue in this business--which I intend on doing--I definately need to quit talking to dogs and babies the same way.
Now the pictures!








Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the one with the baby and the ring. I wanted to squeal "Baby!" in Kayla's high-pitched baby voice. I also liked the one right before that one.

Laci said...

the personality in these shots is so great Emerald. I'm sure this family really enjoyed their pictures. The one with the baby and the ring is such a great idea for a pose!