Monday, July 10, 2006

my day

My day actually started at 6:00am Sunday. I took a quick nap through church, ate a quick lunch at IHOP with my mom and our friend Renee, then submitted to a quick search of my belongings before boarding a plane for England. There I sat for a very long 8.5 hours, passed up the complimentary wine (don't be too proud, my professor was sitting next to me), and slept a maximum of 1 restless hour. I then parted company with the plane and made friends with a charter bus--the two of us were quite cozy for 2 hours, both completely awake--before getting off the bus at my house for the next month, discovering I'm sharing my room with four other girls and then dismanteling and reassembling 11 computers (one of them twice because I couldn't get it back together properly). I then "took" a tour of Oxford, though it ended up being more like "gave" a tour, and headed home to re-image two computers, only to discover that the internet would no longer work on the computers I had re-imaged. It has been a busy day, and continues to be so--class is at 8:30 tomorrow morning and I present my homework. Why did I decide to do this??????

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Poor Emmy! You need to come back home to me : ) It will get better soon, I'm sure. Darby's all moved in to your house. Do you know how he can get the Internet to work? He tried to plug his computer into the Ethernet, but it didn't work, even after he entered the code on the bottom of the router or modem or whatever. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are off to a normal (ha) start. Maybe you should charge to be a tour guide. Have fun and enjoy it for me. I want to be there too. Love you.

Anonymous said...

What is re-imaging?