Friday, June 02, 2006

Stage one of dresser detox!

This chest of drawers (dresser) has been my project for the past couple of days. The chest of drawers (dresser) was my father's growing up. Eric and I stole it to put his clothes in when he moves into my apartment.

Stage one of dresser detox was painting it with Kils (3 coats ::sigh::) and installing shiny satin finished metal knobs (which I adore, but cost more that that blasted piece of furniture is worth). Stage two will be deoderizing the inside with Ivory Snow to remove the smell of 30 years of no use.



Good luck to me!

2 comments:

Gary Rhodes said...

It's so easy for us to become so involved with our gear, but we have to have it. It's a difficult thing to balance. So did you get some new stuff? The camera nerd in me is curious now. I really liked the files from your camera. The file size of the jpegs I edited were as big or bigger than my RAW files, there is so much detail there (by the way, if you still want a copy of your photos from the wedding or a catalog of the what I gave them, let me know. I know I said I would do it before, but I let myself get behind). Also, how is your internship? Are you shooting with them? I don't mean to be too nosey, but I am following the adventures of yourself and Lacy since the two of you still update your blogs. I have become very interested in the futures of my classmates. I am going to try and keep tabs on as many of you guys as possible in the coming years.

Gary

Laci said...

nice ..looks good!