Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Weddings, weddings everywhere!

Since I last updated anyone on my life, a very shiny set of rocks set in white gold has taken up residence on the third finger of my left hand. Two weeks ago yesterday, Eric proposed to me.

While this isn't surprising news for most of you, I do feel a little sorry for Eric's parents. Thier other son, Chris, proposed to his fiance, Melissa, about a month ago. So the Lemmons family graduated two twin daughters from high school in May, will marry off thier firstborn son on August 12, settle their daughters into ACU and Peperdine, respectively, the following weekend, and marry off thier second born son to me on October 16th. Though I've been assured they are gaining two daughters and not loosing anyone, it's still going to be a busy and emotional year for them.

Which leads me to today's pictures...engagement photos for Chris and Melissa.







This one I messed up the lighting on (as usual), but I kind of like the effect the washed out colors give the image. It seems more like a private moment in this light, instead of a photographer rudely taking a pictures of two people kissing (even if they did pose for me).





In this one, Chris, it appears I have found the cure for leprosy.


Overall, I think the pictures are okay. I hope they'll accomplish everything that Chris and Melissa need, I just think I could have done a better job somehow. Something a little more creative and a little less repetitive. Also, I think I could have done a better job watching for sunlight spots and akward body positions. Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Gary Rhodes said...

Overall a nice set of portraits. I am sure they will be happy with them. As you already know I share your pain on the messing up an exposure issue. I think some of these would work well as black and white also, but thats just a personal preference. Congrats on the engagement and snagging up that internship. Please let me know how both are going. I really liked your wedding stuff and I am sure Belle's Bridal (sp?) will too.

Laci said...

CONGRATS!!!! How exciting! YAY! ::hug::
My favorite pic is of Melissa leaning on Chris' back! But you're right I think some of the poses are a little ackward..but hey, it happens! ANd of course you know how I feel about kissing pictures. Lauren made Eric and I kiss for our engagment pics.. and I was like.. ehhh..
Any way, keep up the good work. You should try putting some of those in to B&W!
Miss ya!

Emerald Lemmons said...

my favorite is Melissa leaning on Chris' back too...since both you and Gary suggested b&w, I think I'll try it.