Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"You may now kiss the bride!"

On Saturday, I helped a friend shoot a wedding. It was fabulous experience for me, and took a little of the pressure off him. The couple's names were Chuck and Shelly--apart, they didn't really look like they belonged together, but you'll see in some of my later pictures that they are a truly beautiful couple...and (sighs the hopeless romantic somewhere deep inside cynical Emerald) very much in love.

But first, the cute kids.

Cutie #1's name started with a T and ended up sulking down the aisle--it seems all he really wanted to was play with the decorations (aka a ton of balloons) and smile for my camera. Little kids seem to like cameras.



Cutie #2 was playing with a friend after the ceremony. Friend was standing where the pastor had stood, holding her hands out as if supporting a bible, and repeating verbatim the ceremony. I crept up just as she was saying, "you may now kiss the bride." Cutie turns and puckers up for the imaginary groom and I, as you can see, snapped her picture.



and Cutie#3--I really just love this shot. I think its so sweet, a little father daughter conversation, both so intent on the other and dancing while they're at it.

More about the wedding to come...

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love the first picture! It's amazing!

Gary Rhodes said...

Emerald,
Thanks for shooting the weddding with me. You took some great shots; you should consider shooting weddings and portraits on the side your self.