Wednesday, April 26, 2006

a little bit of flare

On Saturday, Smith Adams residence hall held an annual "backyard bash" for its residence. I was there taking pictures when a friend of mine from study abroad decided she wanted to sing (they had a stage and sound equipment set up and an audience of college students in lawn chairs). So I took a lot of pictures of her because a) she's really photogenic, and b) I was intrigued by the light. She was fairly backlit through a group of trees (yes, there are trees in Abilene) and the situation was reaking havoc with all of the auto functions on my camera. So I was just playing around, trying to master the situation (ha!) and I noticed the lens flares...and I liked them.

Tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Gary Rhodes said...

Emerald,
Nice shot. I like that you tried to make the flare work for you and not against you. We really have to work with the light as it is most of the time. I think your work has definately improved over the course of the semester (I think we all have grown in our own ways). Keep it up, I would like to see some of your work after you get back from Oxford.

Anonymous said...

I love the shot. The filters are great and the angle and the breeze and the subject (my daughter emily)all combine to make a great image. I enjoyed looking at your other shots. You're gonna do fine..