Thursday, February 23, 2006

My very own speaker shot

I figured since Gary was working on his speaker shot, that I should go ahead and put mine up for comment. This shot was taken on Monday during lectureship. It is of Rick Atchley, explaining why he was chosen for a panel on Restoration Unity, and ran in Tuesday's edition of the Optimist.

For Non-ACU Viewers: Lectureship is a four day conference held at ACU that discusses theological ideas/issues. As far as I know, it's been held since ACU's creation. Theologians, preachers and alumni travel from all over the country to speak, listen or critisize the lectures.

I also took this shot of a senior as wild art but I'm glad they ran Anna's little kid shot instead. It was precious.

1 comment:

Gary Rhodes said...

hehe, you got me on the speaker shot. Why is it everyone but me seems to take these kind of shots and show some atmosphere or character and all I get is the guy with a contorted mouth. Just looking at the first one I think you probably worked the room to get this particular view, which means that you were probably thinking instead of "snapping" as I tend to do in this situation. In other words, it looks like you were aware of everything in the frame. I like it alot. Now I will have to step up since you and Brian have put me to shame.