Monday, May 14, 2007

Project Carolyn, Part II

I've actually had this update ready to post for quite some time and just keep forgetting to upload it. Let me know what you think. I'll explain below.


Carolyn originally asked for just the DQ pictures in this project but here's my dilemma: to make a square picture, you must have even rows of pictures across the frame in both left-right and up-down. However, we were just goofing around at DQ at the end of a very long photo-shoot and you can see--especially in Kalyn's picture--that we've had enough of being models for the day. So there are only seven possible shots (six individual and one group) in that arrangement. I would have to have at least nine shots to make the image Carolyn suggested.

I half-solved it by leaving the images rectangular instead of square, allowing me to have the 3x4 arrangement of images and still use a square background. Hence the reason I added bluebonnets in.

2 comments:

Melissa Lemmons said...

I like it this way. The alternating colors are very nice.

Kayla said...

Yep. Definitely like the checkerboard better. So cute! I'm assuming this will be on my ever-growing cd of pictures (hint, hint). Just kidding (kind of). I know you're very busy, but if I could get my bridal portraits in the next couple of weeks, that would be great!