Monday, January 22, 2007

My new interior decorator line...

So recently my sister-in-law Melissa decided that she wants to redecorate her bedroom around the pretty slate blue bedspread she and Chris painstakingly decided they could both live with (I'm sure any married person remembers just how difficult those first decorating moves are before the guy finally decides he doesn't care and the girl finally gets to do what she wants).

In addition to staining the bedroom furniture just black enough to still show the wood grain, buying pretty slate blue curtains, and spraying the bed frame "black granite," Melissa requested I go through my "archives" and find "interesting pictures not of people" for fear that pictures of people might look like "those cheesy images you get in the frames when you buy them." Her only other specification? That they look good black and white.

She wasn't very specific, but here's my preliminary home decorator line. Enjoy! Images are available in any size between 5x7 and 18x20 for a meagre price--should anyone besides Melissa be interested.

Also, having been intrigued by the process, I'd love for you to post suggestions for a themed line of wall art for me to work on in my post-graduation stupor.














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all sooooo cool. I can't wait until I can get them printed and hung on our walls!!!!! Emerald, you are the best sister-in-law a girl can have (at least as far as obtaining artwork goes...)!

Kayla said...

Melissa is a smart girl! She gets cheap, good artwork. (And someday when you're famous, she can say she has some of your earliest work). I think you should take pictures of flowers. I know everyone does that, but not as good as you :) Speaking from an English major point of view, I think pictures of books would be awesome, too. Books, pencils, post-it notes...everything nerdy. I'd buy those.

Kayla said...

Aahhh! I meant "not as well as you." Shame on me! I've been out of school too long.

Gary Rhodes said...

Emerald, this is some really great work. The images look very polished, and are more than good enough to put up on the wall. I am intrigued by the crucifix one, where the cross is laying on the bible. Did you find the two that way, or did you move them around? I know some people don't really like crucifixes, but as a Catholic such imagery is both beautiful and very meaningful to me. I'd like to buy a signed print for Maria and I, probably a larger one. If you could email me your prices or post them here I'll contact you about it soon. **Don't sell them too cheap, your work has value and as such should come with a price tag that reflects this.** I apologize for leaving long posts most of the time, once I get started it's hard to stop.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.