Friday, January 26, 2007

Curious Alex (and family)

Yesterday I had a surreal experience...my first baby shoot. The kid was really very cute. Alex was only 12 days old and still wrinkly with a crusty belly-button, but he was very alert. If you got too close he'd just stare and stare at you. Curious would be a good description and with a head of hair befitting someone much older than 12 days. But I didn't expect how wiggly he would be...or just how loud he could scream. And once, when Holly and Mom weren't around, he started screaming so I attempted to stroke his little back like I had seen Holly do to calm him but he just screamed louder so I backed away.

Anyway, I'm happy with the results and I hope Mom and Dad are too. Enjoy!











4 comments:

Gary Rhodes said...

The first one got my attention and wouldn't let go. After I had scrolled down I went back to it and looked at it again. There are some images that catch us and wont' let go; for me this is one of them. I think the photo goes well beyond just being a portrait.

Kayla said...

I LOVE these. I love babies! I really like the one in the basket and the one underneath that. Too sweet!

Anonymous said...

Emerald did really great at this shoot! Grumpy baby and brand new parents - and she still got all the shots she needed. Newborns are really hard - they tend to look like lumps. I think you caught the "newness" in a less lumpy fashion very well. You've come a long way girl - Be proud of yourself! :o)

Anna said...

Emerald your pictures are always amazing! I'm so proud of you!