Saturday, January 06, 2007

Murder in the swamp

Sorry for the long delay in posting. I've had a very busy few weeks. With finishing school and graduation--and the family that brought into town--and then the Holidays, I haven't have time to post after Marnie's roommate pictures. Not that I could post a large amount of pictures anyway as I currently have no machine to edit them on.

In October, Eric and I bought a brand new I-Mac so that A) we would no longer be fighting over what was more important: World of Warcraft or editing pictures, and B) I would have a machine capable of running all of my Photoshop programs at once and also a machine with a reliable monitor--a calibrated monitor really is the most important thing to editing and my laptop definitely didn't have it. Right after everyone went home from graduation and I finally had a little time, I no more than sat down at my wondrous computer and a grey cloud of doom rolled down from the top of the screen telling me in five different languages to "restart or else." I restarted and nothing happened. My baby has now been at the doctor two weeks with a diagnosis of rotten memory and a failed fan and I still have no reliable computer.

As of now, I'm in Westlake and though I'm busy with the usual attic cleaning and renovating, Westlake is having a crisis of its own. Our recently elected mayor, Gerald Washington, the first African American mayor in our history was found shot to death in the parking lot of the Special Education Testing Center in Mossville--a neighboring city that is considered part of Westlake. Police have ruled it suicide, but I don't know a single person here besides the cops that believes that. Hence the controversy that has sparked national news coverage.

So, in lieu of pictures from me you can check out the news articles about our murdered mayor--suicide? Racially motivated murder? Or knocked off by powerful Mafia related enemies? Let me know what you decide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you posted! I've been checking every couple of days and been sorely disappointed. I'm not buying the whole suicide thing. Sounds fishy. I hope you had a good Christmas! When are you coming back to Abilene?

Anonymous said...

With the trouble you and Britt have had recently, are you still an advocate for Macs over PCs? Also, I'm not satisfied with the suicide story either, and I think you should do some sleuthing and solve the mystery (you'd have great photographic evidence, I'm sure).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it