Monday, November 13, 2006

Fat Tuesday....part one

I've begun work on my last art photography project: the project to end all projects, the capstone piece, the grand finale. So, anyway. This project is going to highlight a weekly night close to my heart...Fat Tuesday! Fat Tuesday--name stolen from the Mardi Gras festival--is a night set aside for my friends and me to cook dinner for each other and catch up on the week's events. There are six of us on this weekly rotation, each week a different house, cook and recipe. And ALWAYS desert. So my project is not only the photography, but the display of the photography and for this subject I am making a photographic table--more details and pictures to come. Since it's such a time intensive project, it's the last thing due in the class and we've already been working on it one week. Good luck to me and my classmates!!

Here is the first installment of pictures for the table. These long images will be mixed in with images of different sizes--all about food and us! I still have mine and Kalyn's film strip image to complete but take a look at what I've got so far and, as always, please let me know what you think!


You can click on the image to make it larger

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! In the words of Carolyn, we are sooo pretty! But, who's going to take your pictures??

Anonymous said...

Why are half of my faces scary ones, but none of Brittany's? Was it because my pretty ones aren't actually pretty, so I might as well try and look scary? But seriously, Kayla is the one who is sooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

Brittany and Erin are pretty too. I don't want them to think I don't think that. I just really like Kayla's pictures!

Laci said...

i take your picture!!!
hey those have turned out awesome. I love the personality in each! I can't wait to see the end!

Rachel said...

these are really cute!! i love them, great job.