Monday, November 20, 2006

A blind date in Dayton, TX

Last weekend I drove 7 1/2 hours to shoot a wedding east of Houston. I got this wedding through my internship at Belle's and was accompanied by another member of the Belle's staff. We didn't know a lot about the wedding, other than that the photographer that the couple had hired backed out four days before the wedding without providing a replacement. So you could say it was kind of like a blind date--normally we meet with a client several times before the big day--we didn't really know what we were getting into until we got there.

From this wedding and editing the pictures I have learned one important thing: All this time I've been carefully resizing my images for my blog since they are huge files and won't upload at full resolution. My boss finally told me a secret--this is the important thing in case you didn't figure it out--Photoshop will do it for you. Now he tells me!

I also have advice for anyone who reads my blog and is planning a wedding: If you decorate your church with tall candles, on tall pillars, every other pew, down the entire aisle, your photographer will think you hate them.

Now for the pictures:























5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laci said...

This looks like a fun wedding. I think you've done a great job! I got the cash register pic from Sears Portrait studip were I work.. ahah!

Emily said...

My favorites are #2 and #8. Really nice stuff. You should really think about joining Flickr. It's a great way to get more exposure for your work, as well as feedback and critique.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...

Sorry, I accidentally posted the same thing twice so I deleted it.