Saturday, September 02, 2006

A..W.O.L.

I could make a thousand excuses for why I have not blogged recently. I will list only ten:


1. My plane from Europe was almost hijacked by terrorists.

2. I attended the wedding of my future brother-in-law in TUCSON ARIZONA (translation 12 hours from Abilene) the day after my plane was almost hijacked by terrorists, met and was studied by all of my future family (hopefully I passed), and took pictures at his wedding which I now can not find. Poof! Gone.

3. I shot two more weddings, one of them with the entire ceremony in Spanish, the bride being the only person who spoke English

4. After the airconditioner in my truck went out

5. I dented the back left fender of my truck

6. Then the engine in my truck blew up

7. I spent five days with my parents cleaning out my grandmother's garage, waging war against cockroaches and dragging a 1970 Ford Custom with three locked tires out of said garage and into the driveway (the car has been in the garage at least 20 years without moving. We pulled it out and two days later a tree limb dented its perfect paint job)

8. I drove back to Abilene from Louisiana (8.5 hours) in my mother's 1990 Lincoln Town Car with a squeaky serpantine belt and all the windproofing rattling off...scissors, $2.49. Duct tape, $3.72. Stopping in Livingston to Duct tape the windproofing back onto the roof of a luxury car, priceless.

9. Since I can't pay the credit card bill I racked up in Oxford, I'm working 15 to 20 hours per week in the library, ignoring my Comm Law paper that is due in one week.

10. School started on Monday.


Will post again after the paper's completed...until then, I remain A.W.O.L.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm glad to see you're hard at work on your paper : ) You are incredible, Em. If other people had less than 36 hours to write 10 pages, they would be frantic. But you're just commenting on blogs. Now, that's procrastination at its finest. Good luck!