Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Slow Post from China...

My last week's post caught a slow boat from China. Well, actually, I kind of forgot to post it...but the subjects WERE from China.

Last week the Bently family spoke at ACU about thier ministry serving orphans in China. Lisa Bently is a former ACU student and she and her husband John have 6 children. Eric told me specifically that I was not to go ANYWHERE near them for fear of contamination so I positioned myself directly behind them at the Monday night forum in Moody. And of course, they were adorable.

Levi Bently in the arms of his father John

Levi is a burn victim adopted by the Bentlys through the orphanage they work with. Levi sustained serious burns over the majority of his body and the scar tissue does not grow with him. Every year this happy, healthy little boy undergoes major surgeries and skin grafts to keep his body from bleeding.

This young Bently was attempting to introduce himself to the students in the collesium but, alas, could not stop giggling.

Orly Bently, 8, tells Dean Bernard a joke

Orly Bently is also an adopted child from the orphanage in China. She told Dean Bernard a series of jokes after the forum and kept him in stiches. What I loved about this family is that they were all always smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can I say.... I love family shots and these are exceptional, expecially the one of Levi. There is someone who does not let any obstacle get him down. What does Eric know!!!!! Keep up the good work. Mama