Sunday, October 08, 2006

Kayla! (...and Darby) part II

Kayla and Darby part II: formal portraits

This was another learning adventure. We had two main differences between this shoot and the first shoot. The first one was that my assistant switched--where Brittany, Kayla's roommate and Darby's other girlfriend, helped me out the first time, my fiancee (husband in ONE WEEK!), Eric, helped on this shoot. And while he was great technically, he wasn't nearly as good as Brittany at getting them to smile and act goofy. They weren't as comfortable with Eric as the were with Brittany either. The other difference was the clothing. We wanted some of their engagement pictures to have a more formal feel, so we dressed them in more rigid clothing than we had for the first shoot. It hadn't yet occured to me that clothing could transfer to personality. I think there are some good shots, but they don't have the comfortable energy the first set did. Let me know what you think.











3 comments:

Brittany Baumgartner said...

Yes, I agree, Em. They look a little stiff in these. (There are just some things you can't do in heels and a dress!) Still, I think you did a really good job. I especially like the ones of them on the chair.

Anonymous said...

I really like these pictures! They are obviously different from the casual pictures, but some of them are great. Like Brittany, I like the ones in the chair and I also like the one of them sitting and standing against the column. The expression on Kayla's face in the first dip is priceless. We've got to get an enlargement of that! Again, you are incredibly talented.

Laci said...

My fav from this session is the one in the chair when they're looking at each other!