Monday, January 23, 2006

The weekly grind begins...

And so it starts...with a picture of a girl and a cat up a tree. You'd never guess this girl was my Democratic, pacifistic, cat-loving, Texan roommate, now would you? She looks sweet and innocent playing with the kitty, but I warn you: start talking about the poor or impoverished and you'll see a whole other side. The cat, however, is currently lying across both of my arms, sound asleep, and hindering my typing. He's quite tired from clawing Kalyn every time I tried to get a better angle--he's, um, afraid of the crunch of the leaves.

The idea for this image was inspired, but the actual taking was not. I had my ISO at 640 because I was careless and didn't check my settings before I started. The picture is a little fuzzier than I'd like. But what I really like about it is the way the light kind of halos Kalyn and Tony--it makes both of them look more angelic than they are. I also really like the feeling this picture has. Despite its cool colors, it seems very warm--maybe it's the way she's holding Tony. I also like the way the limbs lead the eye. Not the best picture, but for a first post??? I guess we'll see on Wednesday.

Thought maybe I'd add one more...just because I like it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the halo effect also; kinda reminds me of "Madonna and Child" (hee-hee!) Also, isn't Cade spelled with a c, not a k? I thought that might affect your grade.

Anonymous said...

I'm not good at figuring out how to work these blog things. I just sent you an email (i think)making a comment about how I had a cat that drooled that looked identical to the cat in the picture with Kaylan. If you didn't get the message and are truly interested, call me.

jen

Anonymous said...

Animals always make good subjects, especially in company of beautiful ladies. A friend once said that out of a hundred photos, you might have one worth shearing-I found that to be false-for me one out of three hundred. Want to see more?
TD

Anonymous said...

My little sister, this "Virgin With Kitten," an evil, radical, anarchist liberal??? Never!!!

(I wonder how she got that way?)

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm note sure about Kalyn but I know that cat is not even close to that angelic. The picture was probably taken during a lull when he while he was thinking about what mischief he could get into next. And by the way BJ, I'm the extrovert Bible-major Pirate, not you. So, Avast and Argh and all that kind of thing.

Anonymous said...

Great shots! At last we get to see the infamous "Tony". Has he used any of his nine lives yet?

Anonymous said...

My cat is pouting. She wants her picture on a blogspot.Thanks Em, there'll be no living with her now. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

even though i'm easily impressed with your work and i don't know much about photography (despite my connections with my dad), you did a really good job. ttyl em.

Nina